The pattern cart division will consist of an individual pattern, or work, designed to show how well trained the horse is. It will be a simple pattern designed for a 2 year old.
1) Enter the Arena at a Walk towards the Right and Trot one complete circle.
2) Cut a Figure 8 and stop in the centre of the Figure 8.
3) Fan Left 90 Degrees and Pause. Then Fan Right 180 Degrees and Pause. Fan Left 90 Degrees.
4) With Header (optional) Driver is to pick up both forelegs.
5) At will, go to the Right and Enter the Keyhole. Maneuver/Drive within the Keyhole to the LEFT then Exit.
6) Turn around at will and re-enter the Keyhole. Maneuver/Drive within the Keyhole to the RIGHT and Exit.
7) Go to the Left and Walk through the rails (Cart Wheels must be completely past the rails).
– Then Back clear through the rails.
– Then Drive to the Right of the rails and Exit the Arena at will.
ANY DISPUTES WILL BE DEALT WITH AT THE DISCRETION OF THE WILD ROSE DRAFT HORSE FUTURITY COMMITTEE.
For further information please feel free to contact any one of the WRDHA Futurity Committee members listed below:
Gord Ruzicka (Chairman)
Julie Roy (Secretary)
Chris & Cathy Laycock
Our scheduled AGM will take place on February 3, 2024. It will be held at the Westerner Park in Red Deer.
8:30 am Registration – with coffee, tea and danishes
10:00 am AGM
12:00 pm Meal
1:30 pm Individual Breed Meetings
3:00 – 5:00 pm Hospitality Event w/bar and snacks