The Draft Horse,Tack and Equipment Sale will be held on May 5th & 6th, 2023. It will be held in the Cow Palace in Olds, Alberta. Please come back for more updates as they become available
The events will be contingent on the evolving Covid-19 situation. We will be following Provincial guidelines. We look forward to welcoming back past consignors and Draft Horse Supporters.
All horses that are in the auction will be live-streamed with phone in bids available. So come in person, or bid by phone.
If you wish to bid on-line, please pre-register with the David Carson’s Auction Services office prior to the sale, otherwise you can register in person on the sale morning for all other buyers. You will need to provide your name, address, phone number and a credit card number (for security purposes) as well as what lot(s) or group you would like to be on the phone for. Please be as specific as possible so we can try our best to help as many people out as possible through this service.
Pre-Register by phone at 519-291-2049 or
By fax at 519-291-5065 (pdf)
We will be video streaming through our Facebook Page: CLICK HERE TO WATCH
Sale Day Contact: David Carson 519-291-8252; Margo Sloan 519-292-1221
$15.01 – $ 200.00
$201 – $500
$501 – $1000
$1001 – $2000
|$ 45.00/ Horse|
***Entry fee must accompany entry
Horse and Tack Sale Event Times
|2:00 pm||Preview of the Driving Horses||8:30 am||Tack Auction to Start|
|3:30 pm||Tack Auction to Start||12:30 pm||Horse Sale starts |
followed by the
wagons and buggies
|5:00 pm||Social & Supper|
Tack Auction to Resume
1. Wild Rose Draft Horse Association reserves the right to refuse a bidding number to any individual.
2. All entries to be directed to the Sale Secretary only.
3. All entries must be paid for by cheque or credit card before being issued a lot number or any advertising being done.
4. All entries entered in the sale must pay the entry fee whether scratched or substituted. No exceptions!
5. Entries will be taken until the sale is full. Consignors are encouraged to enter early.
6. Coggins Test is not mandatory but if the seller feels the horse/s would be eligible to go to the U.S., then to avoid the wait time, it should be done.
7. Consignors are required to be ready when their lot number is called. Barn runners will be on hand to advise. If you are not ready when called upon, you will go to the end of the sale.
8. Please bring your own harness. Vehicles will be supplied. Consignors are advised to have their horses well turned out and be fit. All horses broke to drive will be able to ground drive into the sales ring. This could possibly increase the purchase price, showing the horses well broke and quiet.
9. Wash racks are available for washing horses. First shavings are supplied. Consignors are responsible for feeding and watering their animals. Stalling will be included in the entry fee for Friday night only, as per our rental agreement with the Olds Ag. Society. Arrangements can be made to accommodate stabling on Thursday night/Saturday night for fee per stall per night. WRDHA can arrange these particulars.
10. A good halter and lead shank shall go with each horse, otherwise WRDHA will charge the consignor the cost of purchasing one. All sold horses should leave their halters on after being in the sale ring.
11. Concession will be on site
12. Security will be on site Friday night.
13. Consignors from out of town are encouraged to book motel/hotel rooms early. Look on the website for listings.
14. There will be absolutely no outside barn selling. All horses sold must go through the sale.
15. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit, or credit card.
Please send entries to Sale Secretary:
Diamond Valley, Alberta
Entry form for Horses
Please make checks payable to WRDHA
Our scheduled AGM will take place on February 3, 2024. It will be held at the Westerner Park in Red Deer.
8:30 am Registration – with coffee, tea and danishes
10:00 am AGM
12:00 pm Meal
1:30 pm Individual Breed Meetings
3:00 – 5:00 pm Hospitality Event w/bar and snacks